Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 ounce pack sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup cubed zucchini
- 1 26 ounce jar low fat, low sodium marinara sauce (such as Amy's)
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 18 ounce tube polenta, sliced into 18 slices
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese of your choice
Heat 2 tsp oil in a large skillet.
Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms, pepper and zucchini and cook until mushrooms are softened. Stir in broccoli and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add marinara sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
Spoon about a half cup of the sauce into the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Then add a layer of nine polenta slices. Cover polenta slices with half the vegetable mixture. Top with remaining nine polenta slices and add rest of vegetables.
Sprinkle with reduced-fat cheese. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes.
Per Serving: Calories 189, Calories from Fat 50, Total Fat 5.8g (sat 2g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 465mg, Carbohydrate 26.7g, Fiber 4g, Protein 8g