Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise, then sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water reserved from pasta pot
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to directions on package, less 2 minutes, and reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water when done.
Meanwhile heat oil in large skillet. Sauté onions and garlic for 5-6 minutes, until softened. Stir in zucchini and herbs, and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in canned pumpkin and ricotta cheese.
Empty drained pasta plus 1/2 cup of reserved cooking water into skillet and mix well.
Spoon pasta into a 11 x 7 baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Per Serving: Calories 349, Calories from Fat 71, Total Fat 7.7g (sat 3.4g), Cholesterol 18mg, Sodium 168mg, Carbohydrate 54.4g, Fiber 5.2g, Protein 15.9g
If you make this with fat-free ricotta, you'll save a further 3 grams of fat and 2 grams of saturated fat, but you'll gain another 110mg of sodium.