Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans reduced-sodium chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil on medium heat in large skillet.
Add garlic, onion and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until onion softens.
Stir in curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
Add tomatoes and chick peas, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in parsley, then serve.
Per Serving: Calories 252, Calories from Fat 53, Total Fat 3.6g (sat 0.4g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 601mg, Carbohydrate 49.1g, Fiber 9.6g, Protein 9.7g