Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 large or 2 medium eggplantsabout 1 pound
- 1 jar low-sodium marinara sauce
- 1 15-ounce tub fat-free ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
When the eggplant is done, remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
Place baby spinach in microwaveable dish and sprinkle with water. Cook until just wilted. Squeeze dry.
Spoon on-third of the marinara sauce on the bottom of an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish. Lay one-third of eggplant slices over sauce, followed by one-third of the spinach and one-third of the ricotta cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbling.
Per Serving: Calories 306, Calories from Fat 29, Total Fat 3.2 (sat 1.6g), Cholesterol 73mg, Sodium 693mg, Carbohydrate 49.7g, Fiber 4.9g, Protein 19.5g