Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 cup peas
- 4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free half and half
- 1/4 cup cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté onions and carrots until onions are softened, about 7-8 minutes. Add mushrooms and mixed herbs, and sauté for 5 more minutes.
Stir in chicken and peas, then add chicken broth.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
Add fat-free half and half. Stir in cornstarch mixture and continue to simmer gently for 5 more minutes.
Per Serving: Calories 124, Calories from Fat 21, total Fat 2.4g (sat 0.6g), Cholesterol 34mg, Sodium 136mg, Carbohydrate 9.6g, Fiber 2g, Protein 16.1g