Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups fat-free, low-sodium gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1 15 ounce can low-sodium black beans
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lime or 2 small ones (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Rinse quinoa thoroughly to rid it of its bitter coating.
Place in a 2 quart saucepan with the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Allow to cool.
Place cooled cooked quinoa in a salad bowl with the corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno pepper and cilantro.
Whisk lime juice, oil, and cumin in a small bowl. Drizzle over quinoa salad, then toss.
Per Serving: Calories 181, Calories from Fat 34, Total Fat 3.8g (sat 0.4g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 94mg, Carbohydrate 29.8g, Fiber 4.4g, Protein 7g