To begin with, you'll need day-old bread cut into half-inch slices. Good choices include French, Sourdough or Italian bread.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut slices into 3/4-inch cubes
- Place bread cubes in a bowl and sprinkle with a tablespoon of dried herbs if desired. Toss well to spread the herbs
- Coat a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and place bread cubes in a single layer on baking sheet
- Bake until croutons are crisp and golden, about 10-15 minutes, turning once half way through