Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 medium onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut into fourths
- 1 8 ounce pack sliced mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds 93 percent lean ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or two eggs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
Place breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl, and allow to soak for a few minutes.
Place onion, carrots, and garlic cloves in a food processor with a grater attachment, or grate by hand. Transfer grated vegetables to a large bowl; add mushrooms.
Crumble ground turkey in with the grated vegetables. Add salt and pepper. Add breadcrumb/milk mixture to the vegetable and turkey mixture. Stir well with a fork.
Add egg substitute, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Mix well with light fingers.
Divide mixture into two and form two loaves on the baking sheet, each about 7 x 4 inches.
Bake for 50 minutes to an hour. Remove from oven and check the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F. Allow meatloaves to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Each loaf makes about 8 slices.
Per slice: Calories 108, Calories from Fat 32, Total Fat 3.7g (sat 1g), Cholesterol 28mg, Sodium 193mg, Carbohydrate 10g, Fiber 0.8g, Protein 8.9g