Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 cloves thinly sliced garlic
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat, low-sodium tomato-basil sauce (I used Francesco Rinaldi "To Be Healthy" brand)
- 1/4 cup white wine (or chicken broth if you prefer)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil on medium heat in large skillet.
Sprinkle herbs over chicken pieces and add to skillet.
Saute for 2-3 minutes until browned
Add sliced garlic, sliced mushrooms and red pepper and cook for 5 minutes
Add tomato-basil sauce and wine, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Serve over whole grain noodles.
Per Serving: Calories 220, Calories from Fat 51, Total Fat 5.6g (sat 0.7g), Cholesterol 65mg, sodium 326mg, Carbohydrate 13.1g, Fiber 2.9g, Protein 29.2g