Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 pound top round steak, trimmed of fat
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt (with 1/2 tsp cornstarch stirred in to stabilize for heat)
- 4 servings cooked wide noodles (about 8 ounces uncooked)
Slice beef into very thin slices, then cut into pieces.
Heat oil in skillet on medium heat. Add beef and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
Add shallots and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
Pour broth into pan with mustard. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
Add cornstarch and stir as the sauce thickens.
Return beef to pan and cook for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat. Gently stir in in yogurt, then serve immediately over hot noodles.
Per Serving with Noodles: Calories 395, Calories from Fat 72, Total Fat 8g (sat 2.4g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 289mg, Carbohydrate 50g, Fiber 2.5g, Protein 30.2g