Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium white potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 six ounce bag baby spinach
- Freshly ground black pepper
Add chicken broth and fat-free milk. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in half the spinach, cover and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Cool slightly, then transfer soup to a blender, working in two batches if necessary.
Add remaining spinach and blend (if working in two batches, use half the remaining spinach with each batch). Blend until smooth.
Per Serving: Calories 113, Calories from Fat 23, Total Fat 2.5g (sat 0.4g), Cholesterol 2mg, Sodium 143mg, Carbohydrate 15.6, Protein 6.8g