Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise then sliced
- 1 medium carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 8 ounce pack of sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
Sauté onions, leeks, carrots and celery pieces until leeks and onions are softened.
Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
Sprinkle herbs and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Stir in chicken; add chicken broth and water.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
Makes 8-10 cups
Per cup: Calories 126, Calories from Fat 26, Total Fat 2.8g (sat 0.6), Cholesterol 36mg, Sodium 106mg, Carbohydrate 8.g, Fiber 1.8g, Protein 16.1g