Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tsp canola olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium leek, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 stick of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 medium cauliflower (about 1 1/2 -2 pounds), trimmed and cut into small florets
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups fat-free, low-sodium broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Remove from heat and cool a little. Blend in batches in a blender or food processor. Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
Makes 8 cups.
Per cup: Calories 102, Calories from Fat 17, Total Fat 1.9g (sat 0.2g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 92mg, Carbohydrate 17g, Fiber 4.6g, Protein 4.2g