Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 14-ounce cans (or 1 28-ounce can) diced tomatoes (plus juices)
- 2 cups nonfat, low sodium chicken broth
Gently sauté onions, celery and garlic over medium heat, until softened.
Add basil, thyme, and tomatoes, followed by chicken broth. .
Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
Use a hand blender to puree the soup.
Makes 6 cups.
Per cup: Calories 58, Calories from Fat 16, Total Fat 1.8g (Sat 0.2g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 136mg, Carbohydrate 8.2g, Fiber 2.2g, Protein 2.3g