Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 pound yellow or white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat.
Saute onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in garlic, carrots and potatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
Add broth, water and herbs. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until potatoes are almost tender.
Stir in kale and chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
Per serving Calories 169, Calories from Fat 26, Total Fat 3.1g (sat 0.5g), Cholesterol 24mg, Sodium 54mg, Carbohydrate 23.5g, Fiber 3.6g, Protein 12.3g