Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 10 ounces day-old Italian or French bread, cut into cubes
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 slices lean cooked ham. chopped
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Coat an 11 X 7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites together. Add milk, half the cheese, mustard, spinach and ham. Stir well. Add bread cubes and toss well. Pour egg and bread mixture into baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
Per Serving: Calories 203, Calories from Fat 51, Total Fat 5.7g (sat 2.6g), Cholesterol 67mg, Sodium 564mg, Carbohydrate 23.8g, Fiber 2.2g, Protein 14.3g