- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 6 cups fat-free, reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp fat-free sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Puree soup in a blender, or use a hand blender; return soup to the pot. Add sherry and black pepper to taste, and stir through.
Ladle into 6 bowls. Garnish with fat-free sour cream and chopped chives.
Per Serving: Calories 201, Calories from Fat 23 (sat 0.2g), Cholesterol 1mg, Sodium 606mg, Carbohydrate 39.8g, Fiber 4.4g, Protein 4.8g