Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, chopped dates, cherries and apricots)
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 medium orange
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 egg whites
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Add sugar, orange juice and zest, lemon juice and zest, chopped walnuts and egg whites to the soaked-fruit mixture. Stir well.
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in soaked fruit mixture and blend until just moist. Transfer to loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield 1 loaf (12 slices)
Per Serving: Calories 255, Calories from Fat 22, Total Fat 2.3g (sat 0.1), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 192mg, Carbohydrate 54.3g, Fiber 3.6g, Protein 4g