Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 small-medium zucchini, halved lengthwise then sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup egg substitute (or 2 whole eggs and four egg whites)
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk or fat-free half and half
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cheese
Pour mixture over vegetables in skillet. Add rosemary sprigs, and sprinkle with cheese. Cook gently for five minutes, until eggs set around the edges. Carefully transfer skillet to broiler and cook frittata under the broiler for 3-4 minutes until eggs are set and are golden in color. Remember to remove skillet using a potholder, as the handle will get very hot.
Cut frittata into 4 wedges and serve immediately.
* If your skillet doesn't have an oven-proof handle, wrap the handle in foil.
Per Serving (with egg substitute): Calories 60, Calories from Fat 12, Total Fat 1.5g (sat 0.9g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 183mg, Carbohydrate 3.2g, Fiber 0.5g, Protein 8.8g
Per Serving (with eggs and whites): Calories 83, Calories from Fat 34, Total Fat 4g (sat 1.7g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 154mg, Carbohydrate 2.8g, Fiber 0.5g, Protein 9.4g