Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 pound lean or extra-lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
Boil pasta according to instructions on package. Do not overcook. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, saute onions and ground beef on a medium to high heat until the beef is browned. Add crushed tomatoes, sauce and oregano, and stir well. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Empty pasta into a 2 quart baking dish; add beef and tomato mixture and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cheese blend and bake for 25 minutes.
Per Serving: Calories 299, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 6.6g (sat 3.2g), Cholesterol 54mg, Sodium 216mg, Carbohydrate 35.3g, Fiber 3.1g, Protein 24.5g