- 1 box of organic yellow cake mix
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 15-ounce can organic pumpkin
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat tub cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Coat a 9 X 13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place cake mix and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
Add egg substitute, applesauce and canned pumpkin.
Beat by hand until smooth. Empty into baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack.
For the frosting, place cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread frosting over cake.
Makes 24 small squares.
Per square: Calories 144, Calories from Fat 18, Total Fat 1.9g (sat 0.2g), Cholesterol 2mg, Sodium 142mg, Carbohydrate 29.5g, Fiber 0.8g, Protein 2.1g