This low fat spinach dip makes a terrific appetizer. Serve with a platter of fresh vegetables or with some baked chips or breadsticks. Use frozen chopped spinach if you prefer. You can spice it up a little by adding a dash of hot sauce.
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach, steamed until wilted
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt, drained of excess water
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Place wilted spinach in a colander and squeeze out excess water. Chop finely and place in a medium bowl. Stir yogurt and cream cheese together until smooth. Add to spinach. Stir in remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes about 2 cups.
Per serving (1/4 cup): Calories 55, Calories from Fat 11, Total Fat 1.3g (sat 0.7g), Cholesterol 3mg, Sodium 186mg, Carbohydrate 4.7g, Fiber 1.1g, Protein 6.2g