- Tomato soup (pictured) can be blood soup; and black bean soup can be bat soup
- Raw veggies can be arranged as spooky fingers or as skeletons
- Whole grain spaghetti and red sauce can be passed off as blood and guts. Eww!
- Cut Jack O' Lantern faces in quesadillas, but use whole grain tortillas and reduced-fat cheese, or make them with pieces of vegetables on whole-grain muffin pizzas
- Make hot dog mummies, but using nitrite-free turkey hot dogs and reduced-fat crescent roll dough
- Offer a fresh fruit cup in a hollowed out orange carved like a Jack O' Lantern
"Blood Soup" photo © Fiona Haynes, licensed to About.com